Well, I had to to stop by Ralph's this morning on my way to work today so I decided to see what kind of lunch options were available in the frozen section. I had very little time, so I had to make a quick decision so I decided to go with a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. It looked like a tasty dish, I had the Cajun Style Chicken and Shrimp. Let's just say that I am glad I don't bring these to lunch everyday. It was almost filling, and it should hold off my hunger until I get home...perhaps a Snickers bar around 3:30 pm will hit the spot.
What my Cafe Steamer lacks in flavor, it completely makes up in creative cooking.
- Remove the meal from carton; Place in microwave oven. Meal self-vents, DO NOT PUNCTURE (this is crazy, since early childhood, I have always punctured my microwave meals...how far we have come!)
- Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes. (I went for 4.5 minutes, seemed reasonable) The self-venting steaming film may make popping sound. This is normal. (Normal for POPCORN!)
- Carefully remove film from top as PRODUCT WILL BE HOT. Remove steamer basket from outer sauce bowl.
- Stir steamed food into sauce bowl.
- Check that product is cooked thoroughly. (I usually stick my finger in it...but they get all fancy with a picture of a thermometer, that is fancy schmancy, but I don't have one at work, so I burned my finger).
1.5 Burps only because I added some Louisiana hot sauce to it.